Now that I know how to do this, it seems so easy and straight-forward. To change the default application files of a specific type are opened with, do the following:
- Right-click a file that you wish to change the default application for and select Properties.
- Click the “Open With” tab.
- Select the desired application’s radio button.
- Additional applications can be added if the one you want is not listed. Use the Add button to find the desired application.
- You can also remove applications from the list by highlighting the application and clicking the Remove button.
- Adding applications to or removing applications from this list changes which applications are available in the “Open With” option when you right-click a file.
- Click the Close button.
Again, it seems so easy and straight-forward now. Go figure. 🙂